Homestay is provided for junior and senior high students only. Elementary students must be accompanied by a parent throughout the student's entire stay in Canada.
All accommodations are located in appealing, safe neighborhoods accessible to your designated school. All host families are expected to meet high standards for safety and cleanliness.
- A furnished room with a window
- A bed with clean linen including: sheets, pillows and blankets
- Access to a shared bathroom with your own clean towels
- A private room with an area to study
- Three meals/day
Note: Special requests such as dietary restrictions will be taken into consideration.
- Homestay placement fee: $450/ one-time fee
- Homestay fee: $850/month
- Custodianship/monitoring fee: $250/annually
- Total fees upon acceptance: $1550
*Fees are subject to change.
Note: If applicable, total Homestay fees are payable prior to being issued a Letter of Acceptance. Succeeding monthly Homestay payments are due every first of every month.
Additional fee information:
- All fees are to be paid in Canadian dollars. Cash is not accepted.
- Additional Homestay days cost $27/day.
- An additional fee of $50/trip will be collected for airport pick-up or drop-off.
- Students who wish to change Homestays during the year will pay an additional $300 placement fee.
Note: The district requires 30 days written notice if changing Homestays, otherwise a penalty will be applied.
- The placement fee is non-refundable.
- Two-thirds (2/3) of the pre-paid first month will be refunded should students either not receive a student permit or withdraw before the commencement of the program.
- Custodianship fee/monitoring fee will be refunded if visa is denied. A copy of the rejection letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada must be submitted with the refund request.
- Custodianship fee/monitoring fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws for any reason after the program has commenced (as per the start date on the Letter of Acceptance).
- No refund of $50 airport pick-up/drop-off fee if cancellation is received less than 24 hours' notice.