Career and Technology Studies (CTS) is a complimentary program designed for junior and senior high school students. Courses offered may vary from school to school depending on physical facilities, student demand and teacher expertise.
CTS courses allow students to:
- develop skills they can apply in daily living now and in the future
- investigate career options and make effective career choices
- use technology (processes, tools and techniques) effectively and efficiently
- apply and reinforce learnings developed in other subject areas and
- prepare for entry into the workplace or further learning.
The program is designed to engage the learner by providing up-to-date and relevant pathways that connect with “real life” opportunities.
Calgary Catholic School District offers a variety of CTS courses from 5 CTS clusters:
Pharmacy Assistant Certificate Program *NEW:
The Calgary Catholic School District, in partnership with SAIT, offers students an opportunity to earn a Pharmacy Assistant Certifiicate in addition to an Alberta High School Diploma upon completion of their Grade 12 year. This is a two year program offered to district students.
CTS Centres of Excellence:
The Calgary Catholic School District provides the opportunity for grade 11 and 12 students to complete specialized CTS courses in their chosen field
Links for Career Exploration:
- Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS)
For more information about the Career and Technology Studies Curriculum, visit Alberta Education’s “What your teen is learning”