ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY, ELEMENTARY
||St. Jerome School
|11616 Panorama Hills Blvd. NW
||10 - month Permanent position
||35 hours per week
||$22.99 – $28.00 per hour
||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
This position is accountable to the school principal and provides clerical and administrative support to school staff, parents, students, and members of the public. The Administrative Secretary works in a collaborative and coordinated manner with other staff within the school.
- Provides service and support to the principal by managing office processes and procedures, facilitates scheduling of meetings
- Maintains records and files, supports student data processes
- Provides service and support to schools and staff
- Responds to inquiries, bookings, filing and clerical, information, substitute teachers, reports, telephones, report cards, accounting
- Provides information and assistance to students with telephones, attendance, transportation passes, etc.
- Responds to requests for information from parents and members of the public
- Ability to update school social media sites an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Secretarial certificate/diploma preferred
- Six (6) months related experience
- Experience with the district’s student information system an important asset
- Familiarity working with databases and general knowledge of district operations preferred
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, and accounting software
- Must meet minimum requirements of the district keyboarding speed and accuracy test
To be considered for this position, an acceptable typing test (45 wpm/90%+ accuracy) and MS-Word test must be on file prior to the closing date. Call 403-500-2414 to arrange to take the tests.
- As an applicant, you are asked to submit a concise and detailed resume outlining your qualifications, experience, education and additional skills for this position.
- Applications are to be forwarded directly to Human Resources quoting Competition No. S-13-124 via FAX: (403) 500-2918 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you in advance for submitting your application for this competition. Only those applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted.
- Positions with the Calgary Catholic School District are dependent upon student enrollment and school organization. If unexpected shifts occur requiring subsequent changes in the position or positions hours, successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible of changes to their assignment.