|Job location:||St. Martin de Porres School|
|410 Yankee Valley Blvd SW, AIRDRIE|
|Status:||10 - month Permanent position|
|Education level:||See below|
|Weekly hours:||17.5 hours|
|Salary:||$18.75 - $22.93 per hour|
|Closing date:||Monday, May 27, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.|
This is a 10-month permanent position commencing August 13, 2013.
This role performs general administrative and clerical duties in an office environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of a relevant post-secondary certificate / diploma preferred
• Three to six (3-6) months related experience
• Must meet minimum keyboarding speed and accuracy requirements
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Good time management skills, and a solid understanding of office procedures
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Working knowledge of student information systems and electronic report cards is an asset for school based positions
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs telephone and reception functions and responds to routine inquiries; opens, sorts and distributes correspondence and mail (including faxes and electronic mail)
• Schedules meetings, and handles business and administrative activities; files and maintains records
• Generates reports, correspondence and newsletters; transcribe material from handwritten notes or electronic dictation; edits or formats documents for use with specialized software
• Creates, photocopies and distributes materials; orders and maintains office supplies
• Maintains and updates information databases, lists, etc.
• Operates office equipment such as fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment
• Daily hours are 8 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
To be considered for this position, an acceptable typing test (45 wpm/90%+ accuracy and MS-Word test must be on file prior to the closing date. Call 403-500-2414 to arrange to take the tests.