|Job location:||(Various Schools)|
|Status:||Contract / Temporary / Project|
|Education level:||See Below|
|Salary:||$15.44 (Category 2)
$17.43 (Category 3)
|Closing date:||Open until suitable candidates are found|
- Category 2: High school diploma or equivalent
- Category 3: Degree, Diploma or Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution. An equivalent of a minimum one (1) year full-time post-secondary course study may be considered. Contact Human Resources for details.
• Experience working with students with special needs, Kindergarten to Grade 12.
• Behaviour management skills are an asset
• Excellent communication skills, patience, enthusiasm and flexibility are essential qualities to be successful in this position.
• Ability to work at various schools within the Calgary Catholic School District, including Airdrie, Cochrane and Chestermere, considered an asset.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working on an on-call basis, you will act as a replacement for support staff employees who work one-on-one or in classrooms with students with exceptional needs. This may include lifting, transferring and assistance with toileting. Assist students and teachers in the classroom; prepare materials; construct and assemble displays; duplicate classroom materials; perform other related duties as directed by immediate supervisor.