Students (Gr.9, 10, 11) can register for their courses next year at NDHS via PowerSchool on Thursday March 6, 2014 @ 8AM. The portal will close on Monday March 10, 2014 @ 9PM
PowerSchool Portal: https://sis.cssd.ab.ca/public/
- There will be a full tutorial video on how to navigate the course selection screens in PowerSchool on your D2L homepage on Thursday March 6 @ 8am if you need it.
- The portal is titled Parent Sign In however, during the registration period above, students are able to log in.
- Your username and password are the same as D2L.
- There is no rush to register for your courses. There is plenty of room in ALL our courses and we do NOT enroll students based on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Please ensure you have discussed your course choices with your parents and homeroom teacher/TA BEFORE you register for your courses.
- Don’t have access to a computer? – Please visit the Learning Commons on Friday March 7 between 2:30pm – 4pm for access to a computer and help from NDHS staff on registering your courses.
Notes about course selection:
- Pre-Engineering is called “GENERAL COURSE” in Powerschool. We apologize for the confusion.
- Some CTS courses are repeated in the course selection screen. IE. Fashions A,B,C,D. Students are allowed to take this course repeatedly for 3 credits each and therefore would select the course more than once.
- There are courses which are only available in semester 2. This is clearly indicated on your course registration sheet.
- The new Digitally-Enhanced courses are fully explained on pg. 4 of the course selection booklet found here…2014-15 Course Selection Guide
Doors Open at 7:00 PM on Saturday March 8th for the 5th Annual Blue & Gold Silent Auction. This promises to be another great night as “Build-The-Tradition” of Notre Dame Athletics.
Silent Auction Tickets are available at the door for $25.
Last minute auction donations can be brought to Mr. Sartorelli (email@example.com) in the PE Office. Please try and have donations in by Wednesday
All information regarding summer school for 2014 is located on our district website HERE.
It has come to our attention that some students are working with a tour company (S Trip) to organize a graduation trip to Mexico. Please note that this event is not associated with Notre Dame High School in any way. The trip is not approved nor supervised by Notre Dame High School. Participation is not recommended. Individuals will travel at their own risk.
For any students who were unable to attend the Graduation Meeting held on Wed. Feb. 26th, please visit the office to pick up a Grade 12 Retreat form and a Lifetouch Photo Pamphlet. The online appointment booking sessions for photos open March 7th, 2014. Also, if you are interested in ordering a Grad 2014 Hoodie, pick up an order form from the office and return it to Ms. Bazinet in the Phys Ed office by April 16th.
*Please return your signed Retreat form to the Main Office or to Ms. Grant in the Mac Lab.
Summer 2014 Opportunities
Check out the link below for some great opportunities for our students this summer.
2014 Summer Opportunities
Pharmacy Assistant Certificate Program
Grade 10 students are eligible to apply for this two year dual credit program. Students will complete a high school diploma and a Pharmacy Assistant Certificate by completing courses on-line and travelling to the SAIT campus two afternoons per week. There is a parent information session on April 2 at 7:00 p.m. (St. Paul - 124 24 Ave N.E.) Applications are due to the Career Centre April 7, 2014.
Summer Health Care Internship Meeting
Grade 11 students are invited to attend a presentation in Room 2032 during lunch on March 4th. The Summer Health Internship is a six week program that allows students to gain exposure to the health care industry.
Please see the document below for detailed information regarding this vital pilot project for this year.
ND BYOD Pilot Project 2013
We are happy to announce a partnership with Best Buy and the Calgary Catholic School District to support our students and parents with BYOD. Please see http://byodsolutions.ca/CCSD/ for more information.