Please use Alberta Health Services' self-assessment tool before calling HealthLink 811.
CCSD is taking precautions to keep students and staff safe. We are working directly with Alberta Health Services (AHS), Alberta Education and the Calgary Emergency Management Agency and responding in accordance with their recommendations. We have mobilized our pandemic response committee who will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation around COVID-19 and communicate any changes or cancellations if necessary. We are also implementing the following precautions:
- Cancelling all classes until further notice
- Increasing cleaning of high-touch points in our schools and workplaces
- Working to ensure we have necessary soap, sanitizer and cleaning and disinfecting supplies
- Creating protocols to regularly review good hygiene habits
- Increasing vigilance with those who may present symptoms
- Using communication plans to provide updates.
- Following AHS' direction to not travel outside of Canada and self-isolate
- Recommending families visit the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta websites for current recommendations
- Cancelling all field trips and travel and not planning any additional trips and travel until further notice.
- Providing staff with the option to work from home in an effort to reduce the density of people in each building
- Asking staff to stay home if they are sick; If you have symptoms such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing and have travelled outside Canada or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, stay home, complete AHS' self-assessment tool or call Health Link at 811. If you are not seriously ill, do not go to a physicians' office, a healthcare facility or a lab without consulting Health Link first.
- Reduce to groups of 5 people.
- We recommend you get current information from reliable sources such as AHS and take the preventative steps below to reduce your infection and help protect our community.
As a Catholic school community, our thoughts and prayers are with those affected