As the COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, the updates below will be updated frequently. Please check back often for up to date information.
- All field trips and travel cancelled. Students and families will be contacted directly about this.
- Dr. Hinshaw, Premier Jason Kenney and Minister Adriana Lagrage cancelled all classes in Alberta.
- Parents should have been contacted by their schools to come pick up their children's belongings as per pre-determined pick-up schedules.
- All Provincial Achievement Tests have been cancelled. More information is posted here.
- Information on Diploma Exams is posted here.
- Access to Learning from Home resources and other support resources are posted here.
- CCSD continues to implement these precautions at schools and work-sites as the situation evolves.
- All school playgrounds are closed until
further notice. Visit the
City of Calgary Newsroom for more information.
- Schools and teachers have contacted students and families directly with education continuity and lesson plans.
- Schools are using platforms such as Google Classroom and Brightspace to assist families with learning from home.
- For additional learning resources, visit the Learning from Home section of our website and follow us on social media.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about Alberta's Education Continuity Plan, please review the most recent Q&As provided by Alberta Education.
- All Calgary Catholic schools and central office remain open for staff.
- Teachers remain available to parents and students by phone or email.
- In an effort to reduce the density of people in our buildings, staff have the option to work from home.