We have established a successful tradition of public participation to support decision making in many different areas. As part of our annual planning process, we revisit programs, their locations, school enrolment numbers and boundaries. Within the context of all CCSD schools and programs, we utilize a public participation process to support informed, collaborative decision-making related to all district program and accommodation planning. This consultation process is referred to as re-imagining. To see upcoming school projects, please visit the Future Schools section.
History of Help Plan Our Future
The Help Plan Our Future journey began in April 2010 with the focus and intent to meet the ever changing needs of students. The Board of Trustees, diligent in placing students first in all decisions regarding schools and programs, has been involved from the beginning. All stakeholders, including trustees, are provided with historical data, planning data, projections, answers to questions, and alternatives. Administration is open to suggestions and other considerations, but has held close to the guiding principles used for Help Plan Our Future.
The guiding principles
- Reflecting the district philosophy of ‘me to we’ in all of our efforts.
- Committing to a high standard of academic achievement.
- Placing programs strategically to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Implementing planning strategies that are guided by what is best for students.
- Working with government to secure accommodation funding.
- Adjusting and consolidating boundaries to yield more viable populations in individual schools.
- Reducing deferred maintenance and operating costs by optimizing the use of our facilities.
Due to the continuing nature of Help Plan Our Future initiatives, new developments are posted as they become available. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Don Cope our Help Plan Our Future project manager.