Parents of students born outside Canada should register through the St. John Reception Centre.
A student whose first language is not English may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. We will interview the student's family to collect information regarding their student's learning. We can also provide interpreter services for this meeting upon request and at no cost to the family. Please indicate if you require an interpreter when booking your appointment. We ask the student and a parent or legal guardian to attend the intake appointment together.
Please bring the following original documents with you:
- permanent residency card or immigration papers
- student birth certificate
- parent’s or legal guardian’s work or study permit
- student’s study permit (for international students)
- proof of address (e.g., driver’s license or utility bill)
- student's, parent's or legal guardian's Catholic baptismal certificate
- report cards from previous school if available
- specialized reports if applicable (e.g., medical, educational)
If you have any questions, please call 403-500-2007.
St. John Reception Centre Brochure
St. John Reception Centre Map