Students who are born outside of Canada and who are new to the CCSD must register through the St. John Reception Centre.
Students whose first language is not English may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. Families will be interviewed in order to collect information regarding their child’s learning. District interpreter services are available for this appointment upon request at no cost to the family. Please indicate if you require an interpreter when booking your appointment.
The new student(s) and a legal guardian must attend the intake appointment. You will be asked to bring the following original documents on the day of the appointment:
- Child’s Permanent Residency card or immigration papers
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent’s or Legal Guardian’s valid work or study permit
- Student’s study permit (for international students)
- Confirmation of address (e.g.: driver’s license or utility bill)
- Baptismal certificate
- Report card from previous school (if available)
- Specialized reports (e.g.: medical, educational, if applicable)
St. John Reception Centre Brochure
St. John Reception Centre Map
If you have any questions, please call 403-500-2007.