Students who are born outside of Canada and new to the Calgary Catholic School District register through the St. John Reception Centre.
St. John Reception Centre
The St. John Reception Centre is located at 15-12 Street N.W. and the phone number is 403-500-2007. Students whose first language is not English may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. Families will be interviewed in order to collect information regarding their child’s learning. District interpreter services for this appointment are available upon request at no cost to the family. Please indicate if you require an interpreter when booking your appointment.
To book an appointment, please call 403-500-2007. The new student(s) and a legal guardian must attend the intake appointment. You will be asked to bring the following original documents on the day of the appointment:
- Child’s Permanent Residency card or immigration papers
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent’s/Legal Guardian’s valid work or study permit
- Student’s study permit (International students)
- Confirmation of address (e.g. driver’s license or utility bill)
- Baptismal certificate
- Report card from previous school (if available)
- Specialized reports – medical, educational (if applicable)
Additional resourcesSt. John Reception Centre brochure
St. John Reception Centre map