Alberta School Councils’ Association (ASCA)
- ASCA promotes parent engagement in public education and provides valuable information and services.
- ASCA, the provincial association for parents on school councils is very valuable in ‘providing supports to enhance school council effectiveness and presents the parent perspective to government and provincial education organizations’. Calgary Catholic promotes parents having as much information as possible, and appreciates the importance of parents having different avenues of access to government and education organizations. This access is supported by the association.
- In addition to this, ASCA is a valuable support for school councils as it offers resources and workshops that help councils maximize participation and engagement of parents in the life of the school. ASCA has developed sessions on a variety of topics and also develops sessions to address individual council requests and needs and provides information on the many areas of work that parents engage in while participating on the executive or attending meetings.
- You may access information about ASCA by clicking on the ASCA heading or going directly to the ASCA website. At year end, we will be asking councils for feedback about their experience with ASCA services, support and value added to their councils.
ASCA – Progressive Learning Brochure
School Council Training Poster
- ASCA has provided a sample of sessions that they can organize and make available to individual school councils. This poster is a sample of such sessions that took place in Edmonton and may be modified for individual school council needs. Please review and share with your school councils.