In partnership with SAIT, CBE and Palliser Regional Schools, the district offers students a free two-year program to earn Energy & Environment Engineering Technologies credits while in high school.
About the program
Students in the Energy & Environment Engineering Technologies Program will gain hands-on skills and foundational knowledge in the areas of Environmental, Petroleum and Power Engineering Technologies.
SAIT instructors will deliver the program on-campus Mondays to Thursdays from 8-11 a.m. with some materials delivered online through SAIT’s D2L. Students will be supervised by a Calgary Catholic off-campus teacher. Courses will begin September 2018 and end May 2019.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from SAIT. Tuition is free for students enrolled in a Calgary Catholic high school. All personal protective equipment will be provided. Students are required to purchase textbooks and manuals over the course of the program.
Students in Grade 12 who are applying for this program must:
- Have earned a mark of at least:
- 60 per cent in ELA 10-1 or 75 per cent in ELA 10-2 and;
- 60 per cent in Math 10C
- Be on track to complete:
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 with at least 50 per cent;
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2 with at least 50 per cent and;
- Physics 20 or Science 30 with at least 60 per cent
- Have strong math and science skills
Successful graduates of the program will earn:
- 16 high school CTS credits
- 10.5 SAIT credits
- Credit in seven SAIT courses: Electrical Diagrams and AutoCad. Fundamentals of Petroleum Operations, Petroleum Testing, Workshop Practices, Electrical and Controls, Biology and Field Ecology, and Water and Wastewater Treatment.
Students can apply at their high school through their counsellor, career practitioner or off-campus teacher.