Fine Arts provide another learning pathway for Calgary Catholic students. Fine Arts include art, drama and music. Students are involved as creators, performers, historians, critics and consumers.
The program enables students in elementary and junior high to enhance the depth and breadth of their expression and intuitive response to the fine arts, while exploring the links between the arts and other core subjects. It encourages and challenges individuals to discover and develop their potential through exploration, collaboration and sharing.
- Arts teach children that problems can have more than one solution.
- Arts teach children that there are many ways to see and interpret the world.
- Arts teach children about other tools besides writing to represent their knowledge.
- Arts help increase confidence and self-esteem for students who do not necessarily learn in a traditional way.
- Arts increase collaboration among students with more project-based work to achieve common outcomes.
- Arts teach children and teachers to look differently at the community that surrounds them.
- Arts provide students an opportunity to develop and showcase their talents.
Schools currently offering Fine Arts: