If required, homestays are provided for students in junior or senior high students only. Elementary students must be accompanied by a parent throughout the student's stay in Canada.
Homestay Placement Fee: $450.00
Homestay Fee: $850.00 per month
Custodianship Fee / Monitoring Fee (annual): $250.00
Total Fees: *$1,550.00
*If applicable, total homestay fees are payable
prior to being issued a Letter of Acceptance. Succeeding monthly homestay
payments are due every
- All fees are to be paid in Canadian dollars. No cash payments.
- Extra days for Homestay are $27/day.
- An extra fee of CAD $50/trip will be collected for airport pick-up or drop-off.
- Custodianship fee / monitoring fee will be charged on a yearly basis.
- All fees are paid directly to the Calgary Catholic School District, not to the homestay.
- Students who wish to change Homestays during the year will pay an additional $300 placement fee.
- The district requires 30
days written notice if changing homestays, otherwise a penalty will be
*Please note fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Monthly Homestay Fees include:
- 3 meals/day (breakfast, packed lunch and dinner)
- Private room with bed, desk and chair
Homestay Refund Policy
- The placement fee is non-refundable.
- Two-thirds (2/3) of the pre-paid first month will be refunded should students either not receive a student permit or withdraw before the commencement of the program.
- Custodianship fee / monitoring feewill be refunded if visa is denied. A copy of the rejection letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada must be submitted with the refund request.
- Custodianship fee / monitoring fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws for any reason after the program has commenced (as per the start date on the Letter of Acceptance).
- No refund of $50 airport pick-up/drop-off fee if cancellation is received less than 24 hours' notice.
Homestay Families Needed
The Calgary Catholic School District is seeking caring and nurturing families who are interested in welcoming international students into their homes as a member of their family.
- Do you have an extra private, furnished bedroom?
- Do you have the “time” for a new member of your family?
- Is English the primary language spoken in your home?
- Do you and everyone over 16 living in your home, have a clean police record?
Host families will receive a monthly fee of $850 for hosting the student. If this describes your situation and you are interested please contact email@example.com.