We are pleased to welcome international students from countries around the world. To apply to study in one of our schools, please follow the steps listed below.
* Applications may be returned if received after the deadline.
* Check the student visa processing times on the immigration website prior to submitting the application.
Submit all required documents in Step 1 with the Administration Fee by courier to:
Calgary Catholic School District
1000 - 5th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB T2P 4T9, Canada
Attn: International Student Education Program
Step 1: Application Stage
- CAD $250 non-refundable Administration Fee (bank draft or money order only payable to “Calgary Catholic School District”). Other currencies not accepted.
- Signed Student Application Form
- Copy of valid passport (picture page)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate for Catholics
- Original or Certified True Copy of official transcript/school records for the last 2 years with school stamp, grading scale and English translation
- Copy of reference letter from the current school principal or teacher in support of the student’s academic performance, attendance, behaviour and attitude in school (include contact information and English translation)
- Signed Participation Agreement (for junior high or senior high students only)
- Copy of proof of address of custodian or relative in Canada where the student will be staying (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.)
- Signed Homestay Application Form and Student Guidelines in the homestay
Step 2: Admission Stage
- You will be notified by e-mail within 2 weeks of receipt of a complete application package if the student is accepted or not.
- Invoice will be sent for payment of tuition, health insurance & homestay fees (if applicable). These fees can be paid:
a) Online by MasterCard, MasterCard debit, Visa, Visa debit, Bank of Montreal debit, TD debit, Royal Bank debit, Scotiabank debit. CCSD will create an online account for the payor.
b) Wire Transfer (contact: email@example.com
c) Bank Draft or Certified Cheque payable to "Calgary Catholic School District.
- Submit copies of notarized Custodian Declaration forms pages 1 & 2 for minors (This is N/A if parent will live with the child in Calgary for the duration of the studies. If using CCSD homestay, custodian information will be provided.)
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA) will be issued by e-mail once all documents are complete and fees are paid in full.
- Apply for a study permit from your home country as soon as you receive the LOA.
Step 3: Once Student Visa is Received
The following documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
prior to arriving in Canada:
- Approval Letter from Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) or Student S-1 visa foil/sticker on passport
- Student’s arrival date in Canada & departure date in Canada (if known)
- Appointment Booking Form for the English language assessment will be sent to you
- Copy of Study Permit (Original Study Permit is issued by a CIC officer upon arrival in Canada)
Step 4: Registration Stage
The district’s St. John Reception Centre welcomes and registers all school-aged children born outside of Canada. Students will be given an assessment of English language levels and will assist in placing them in the appropriate program. Once students arrive in Calgary an appointment at the Reception Centre will be made on their behalf prior to attending classes. All international students will need to be accompanied to their appointment by a parent or their legal custodian.
The following documents must be presented at the time of the appointment:
- Original valid passport
- Original Study Permit
- Original or copy of Birth Certificate
- Original or copy of Baptismal Certificate for Catholics
- Original or Certified True Copy of official transcript/school records with school stamp, grading scale and English translation
- Copy of Letter of Acceptance
- Copy of Notarized Custodian Declaration forms pages 1 & 2 for minors (This is N/A for elementary students in K-Grade 6)
- Proof of address of custodian or relative in Canada where the student will be staying (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.)