Calgary Catholic School District offers high school courses during the summer to any student born after September 1, 1996, including students completing Grade 9 in June 2017. Students can take up to eight credits in Summer School that can include one direct-instruction course and/or a combination of online courses. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Offerings and Locations
Direct Instruction & Online Courses:
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 through Friday, July 28, 2017 (5-credit courses)
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 through Wednesday, July 19, 2017 (3-credit courses)
Time: 8:25 a.m. to 12:58 p.m.
- Bishop Carroll High School (4624 Richard Road S.W.)
- Bishop Grandin High School (111 Haddon Road S.W.)
- Bishop McNally High School (5700 Falconridge Blvd. N.E.)
- Bishop O’Byrne High School (#500, 333 Shawville Blvd. S.E.)
- Father Lacombe High School (3615 Radcliffe Drive S.E.)
- Notre Dame High School (11900 Country Village Link N.E.)
- Online Courses (note most have an attendance requirement of 2 – 3 afternoon sessions at Bishop Grandin High School; see Online Courses below for details)
Note: St. Francis High School is not a 2017 Summer School location due to July/August Renovations/Construction.
Direct Instruction Courses:
Students completing Grade 9 are eligible to take most of the Grade 10 courses that are offered this summer, with the exception of Religious Education 15.
Students have the option of taking online courses in Summer School.
Most of these courses have a mandatory attendance of 2-3 afternoon sessions at Bishop Grandin High School, as described in the Online Course Information document.
Online Course Information Summer 2017
Please note: Online learning provides flexibility and the freedom to learn anywhere you have an internet connection and a computer. It also requires independence and self-discipline to complete tasks on time, especially in the condensed timeline in Summer School. There can be a significant amount of work in the online course and students need to be able to dedicate several hours per day to the course in order to successfully complete it. Online teachers will be available during regular school hours to respond to pages and emails, usually within a day or two except during high volume periods (crunch times). See “Is Online Learning for You” for more help in deciding if this is a good option for you.
Is Online Learning For You
Diploma exams for 2017 Summer School courses will run from Tuesday, August 1 to Thursday, August 10. All Summer School students will write their diploma exams at Bishop Grandin High School (111 Haddon Road S.W.). Click below to see August Diploma exam dates:
August 2017 Diploma Exams Schedule
Please Note: If you are rewriting a diploma exam, you will need to either complete a request online through your student myPass account
Summer School Brochure 2017
Creating an Active Net Account
Information on how to reset your username or password