St. John Reception Centre
If your child was born outside Canada, register them for school through St. John Reception Centre.
A student who has a home language other than English may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. We will speak with the student's family to collect information regarding their student's learning in their home country. Interpreter services are available upon request at no cost to the family. Please indicate if you require an interpreter when booking your appointment. Both the student and a parent or legal guardian must attend the intake appointment together.
Please bring the following original documents with you:
- Student's, parent's or legal guardian's Catholic baptismal certificate
- Student birth certificate
- Proof of address (e.g., driver’s license or utility bill)
- Report cards from previous school
- Specialized reports if applicable (e.g., medical, educational) and the following applicable citizenship card/documents:
- Canadian citizenship
- Permanent residency
- Refugee claimant
- Student’s passport
- Parent’s or legal guardian’s work or study permit
- Legal Guardianship Order
- Student’s visitor or study permit (for international students)
Call 403-500-2007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.