Help Plan Our Future
We welcome the public to help us with decision making. As part of our annual process, our Help Plan Our Future (HPOF) team reviews programs, their locations, school enrolment numbers and attendance areas. Together, we use a public participation process to support informed, collaborative decision-making related to all our program and accommodation planning. This process is also referred to as “re-imagining.”
- Reflecting the district philosophy of “me to we” in all of our efforts.
- Committing to a high standard of academic achievement.
- Placing programs strategically to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Implementing planning strategies that are guided by what is best for students.
- Working with government to secure accommodation funding.
- Adjusting and consolidating attendance areas to yield more viable populations in individual schools.
- Reducing deferred maintenance and operating costs by optimizing the use of our facilities.