Below are the Calgary Catholic School District Fee Guidelines for 2017-2018.
Junior High Schools – (To a maximum - $35.00)
The following items may be included:
- Newsletters/Communication home, including postage
- Student ID
CTF Fees (Junior High)
- Consumable resources and materials to enhance the program.
There is a transportation user fee for eligible elementary students and all students in special education who access district-provided transportation.
- Field trips, clinicians and in-school presentations to enhance programs
- PLEASE NOTE: Annual total of Activity Fees, and monies collected subsequently for curricular field trips are not to exceed $70 for Kindergarten, $75 for Elementary and $115 for Junior High. Senior High Schools may charge additional fees for non-core courses.
Noon Supervision Fee
- To a maximum of $80.00/per student/per year, with a family maximum of $160/per year/per school (Family is two or more children)
- School communities may establish lunchroom fees that address their local needs within this maximum
Band Instrument Rental Fee
- $100 per instrument (Junior and Senior High School)
Extracurricular and optional items
- Each school may charge a fee for optional items such as gym strip, yearbook or for district approved extracurricular activities.
- Under district regulations, all fees must be justified. Schools may only charge up to the maximum set by the district.
- Online Payments by MasterCard, Visa and Debit card are available.
- Parents/legal guardians with financial concerns or other issues with fees are encouraged to discuss these with the principal.
- Cheques are made payable to the school.
- Parents/legal guardians are responsible for NSF cheque charges to the school.
- Parents/legal guardians will be notified if an extraordinary opportunity arises for appropriate educational activities, at an additional cost.
- There is a separate Transportation Fee Form for eligible students.
- Fees charged for new registrants, or refunded for students withdrawing, will be pro-rated at the rate of 1/10th per month, except for the fixed portion of the fee. The fixed portion will be charged and will not be refunded. It is made up of items which are distributed to students at the beginning of the year, or when they register, and which cannot be either returned or reissued.
- The fees have been discussed with and approved by school council.
AP511 – School Generated Funds Including Fees
AP505 – School Fees