St. Albert the Great Parish Monthly News
NEW URL FOR PARISH WEBSITE:
St. Albert the Great’s Parish website is now located at http://stalbertthegreat.ca
10 Prestwick Drive SE, Calgary, AB, T2Z 4J6
Phone: 403.257.6054 Fax: 403.257.6072
CONFIRMATION PARENT INFORMATION SESSION
Preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation will begin with a parent session at St. Albert the
Great Parish on Monday, December 3 at 6:30pm If not a child is
not yet registered, please visit:
ST. ALBERT THE GREAT SOCIETY OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL NOTES:
- Gift Tags – There are still many tags on the Christmas tree in the parish narthex. If you haven’t done so, please consider helping by
taking a gift tag. All gifts should be brought to the Church by December 9.
- Gift Wrappers – Please sign up at the SVdP table in the Narthex if you are able to help wrap gifts during the day on shifts
December 10 to the 13.
- Drivers – We are in need of drivers on Saturday December 15. Each Driver is asked to deliver two hampers each. Please sign up at the
table in the Narthex.
- Calling all Bakers- Baking is greatly appreciated during the hamper packing days (Dec 13-14). Please drop off your baking donations to
the Church kitchen located in the basement any time during the week of December 10 to 14.
Thank you! – To all parishioners who have picked up gift tags and purchased gifts and dropping off food and monetary donations to
help make a joyful Christmas for the Friends whom we serve.
CHRISTMAS SEASON SCHEDULE AT ST. ALBERT THE GREAT PARISH:
- Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24: 6:00 pm Masses (one in church, one in parish hall)
9:00 pm Mass, 12:00 am Midnight Mass
- Christmas Day, Tuesday, December 25: 9:00 am Mass, 11:00 am Mass
- Boxing Day, Wednesday, December 26: 9:00 am Mass only
- December 27-30: All Masses as per regular schedule.
- Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God (day of obligation): Monday, December 31: 5:00 pm Mass
Tuesday, January 1: 9:00 am, 11:00 am, and 5:00 pm Masses
- Parish office hours from December 24-31: 9:30 am – 12:30pm
- January 2: Resume regular schedule.
PARISH WELCOME FOR CONFIRMATION
For any families participating in preparation for Confirmation at St. Albert the Great, we will be offering a prayerful opportunity for
candidates to be mark the beginning of their journey and be a visible witness to the parish.
Children preparing for this sacrament, and their families, are invited to attend any regular Mass on the weekend of January 19th/20th
(Saturday 5pm, Sunday 9am/11am/5pm) to be acknowledged by the parish.
Details will be provided at the Confirmation parent meeting on December 3.
CONFIRMATION SESSION #1 (FOR CANDIDATES AND PARENTS)
The first session for candidates (and their parents) preparing for Confirmation at St. Albert the Great Parish takes place on Monday,
January 21. There will be two times available to attend: 4:30pm & 6:30pm. Students of Blessed Cardinal Newman, St. Marguerite,
Msgr. Smith, Our Lady of the Rosary, St. Albert the Great School, and Divine Mercy are encouraged to attend the 4:30pm session;
students of Christ the King, St. Isabella, Prince of Peace, and all other schools are encouraged to attend the 6:30pm session.
Candidates may choose the alternate time by letting Dan D’Agostino know of the change by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOGETHER IN ACTION AND THE UNITED WAY
Did you know you can contribute to St. Albert the Great Parish and TIA through the United Way campaign at your place of work? You
can direct some or all of your pledged contribution be directed to a registered charity, including our TIA campaign, by designating
your gift to “St. Albert the Great Parish – Together in Action” and using CRA registered charity number 107909939 RR0084. If you
have any questions, please contact Carla Jane in the office.
To date we have raised $56,761; that’s 71% of our total target of $80,035 for 2018.
Please see the notice below from our Sacrament Coordinator on important news for the 2018-2019 school year!