Be A Supporter!!
Parents, friends, family…….. We need your support!!
Your support helps us to provide instruments, trip subsidies, musical experiences, visiting clinicians and many other benefits for our students.
Here’s how you can be a supporter:
Bishop Carroll Music Society is a registered Canadian charity. BCMS Registered charity number is #124 297 813 RR0001. Tax receipts are issued for all donations in excess of $25.
If your company has a donation program, you may be able to contribute through regular payroll deduction. Some companies provide matching funds for donations made.
Donations can also be made through www.canadahelps.org
Donations can be made to the Bishop Carroll Music Society at any time through Charms (www.charmsoffice.com) and tax receipts will be provided for any donations over $25. These donations support all of the music programs at Bishop Carroll High School.
Support our Fundraisers:
The fundraiser that really doesn’t cost you anything!! How is that, you ask? Use our gift card purchase program to buy gift cards for groceries. Gift cards for Safeway/Sobeys are available now through the Music Office.
Pre-order gift cards - When you purchase a Safeway/Sobeys, Coop or Superstore gift card a percentage is given by the retailer to the society. You are buying the card at face value to use for grocery and gas purchases. We are asking you to fill out and have your student return the form to Mrs. McCaffrey so we can gauge how many gift cards we will need to purchase. Please return the form by October 10th so that we can have the program in place by November 1st. The form is available here.
The Music Gala Fundraiser
Our biggest fundraiser, this event can’t happen without the support of all our music parents and students! Volunteer; donate a silent auction item; and of course, attend the event. The Music Gala 2010 is on February 22nd 2019. See the Music Gala page for more details.
It’s back!! Ordering flowers in February may seem like wishful thinking, but when these gorgeous flowers arrive in May, you’ll be glad you ordered them.
Watch for the order form, coming out early in 2019.
The Bishop Carroll Music Society Cash Raffle fundraiser will be back for the 2018/2019 school year. Tickets are being distributed the week of Nov 26.
New this year
A new fundraiser this year, is the sale of 2019 calendars. We are looking to send calendars home with members of the music ensembles shortly. They sell for $15 each with $5 going to the society. You can also share the following link with family and friends anywhere in Canada or the US and $5.00 from each online sale you send will go to the music society. The website is www.kornakph.com/Calendars2019.html.
Skip the Depot App
We are very excited to let you know about a new fundraising initiative called Skip the Depot (Door to door bottle collection). 100% of the bottle and can returns will be donated to Bishop Carroll Music Society.
- Use https://app.skipthedepot.com/register?org=bcms to create an account.
- Schedule your pick up by entering your address, date and any donation preferences. Use the directions / comments section to give specific instructions for the driver (Example: Call this number when arriving, Bags are alongside fence, etc.).
- On the scheduled day of your pickup, place your bags outside in a secure location by 8am. The driver will pick up your bags between 8am and 5pm, label them, and take them to our counting facility. Once counted the BCMS account will be updated with the new balance and counts.
- After our families and friends have donated to the Bishop Carroll Music Society, our Treasurer can request an Interac e-Transfer to the BCMS bank account. A list of donor information will be provided for tax receipt or accounting purposes, the system rolls up the donations by user (multiple donations will be summed) when a redemption is initiated. Tax receipts will be issued for any donations $25 or over.
- Once you are registered you can download the app.
We can keep our fundraising going year-round! Please share the registration link with your friends and family.
Donation matching program called ATBCares (sponsored by ATB) whereby donors can contribute online to BCMS and ATBCares will match up to 15%. Donors receive an instant emailed Tax Receipt as well - an added benefit for both the donor and BCMS! Here is link for further information: https://www.atbcares.com/donate.