Current CSSD Students
Students currently registered at another Calgary Catholic High School but desiring a transfer to Bishop Carroll need to follow these steps:
1. Bishop Carroll is a school of choice and is designed with a self-directed approach to learning. Students and families should familiarize themselves with our school and program prior to considering transferring to Bishop Carroll High School.
2. After you have researched our school and decided it is a good fit for your learning style, please contact our school for more information and determination of your acceptance.
3. Once you have been accepted to Bishop Carroll, students will need to contact their currently registered Calgary Catholic High School to request a transfer to Bishop Carroll High School.
Students Not Currently Registered with CSSD
Registration for the 2019-20 school year opened on February 12, 2019 for students who are not currently registered with CCSD.
Please follow these steps:
1. Please download and complete the necessary form here. This initial form can be returned to the Bishop Carroll office or emailed directly to our registrar, Julie McDonald @ email@example.com, along with copies of all the listed documentation. All listed documentation needs to be submitted for your request to be complete.
2. Our registrar will review your documentation and based on room and resources will notify you if we can offer you placement.
3. Once placement is offered, families will be invited in to complete a CSSD registration form. We will invite families in as room and resources become available.
For registration inquiries regarding the 2019-2020 school year, please contact the school office at 403-500-2056.
Designated Boundaries for Schools
The Calgary Catholic School District has designated boundaries for all schools. CCSD uses boundaries strategically to ensure optimal student populations that support viable programming across the district. It is the expectation that students will attend their designated school. Please be aware that school attendance boundaries can and do change to accommodate factors including changing demographic information, the opening or closing of a school, to relieve overcrowding in schools, etc.
Bishop Carroll High School is a program of choice school therfore, we do not have any designated boundaries within the Calgary Cathlic School District.
Understanding School Attendance Areas
We encourage parents and guardians who are considering a move to a new residence to review the designated attendance area for Catholic Schools in that community. All Calgary Catholic schools have attendance areas which identify the schools in each community where students are eligible to register. Students are expected to attend the designated school for their community unless they decide to register at a program of choice school such as French Immersion, or Fine Arts. For a list of programs, please click here. For these schools there are mandatory transportation costs based on residence of the family attending.
To view the Calgary Catholic elementary, junior high and senior high school designated attendance areas for each community, please click here.
New Students to Canada
Students who are born outside of Canada register through the St. John Reception Centre. It is located at 15-12 Street NW and the phone number is 403-500-2007. Students whose first language is not English may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. District interpreter services for this appointment are available upon request at no cost to the family. To book an appointment please call 403-500-2007.