School councils provide an opportunity for parents, school administration, teachers, community members and students to work together towards achieving a more vibrant and effective school community. All parents with children attending school are members of their local school council and are encouraged to participate in council activities. Councils usually meet on a monthly basis. In addition, school council chairs meet with one another, district administrators and members of the Board of Trustees at district-wide meetings.
School councils, working with their principals, create a community spirit that makes a school more than just a school. They create a learning environment where students feel the commitment of their principal, teachers and parents working toward a common goal: creating teaching and learning environments where students reach their potential and achieve at the highest levels in all areas of learning.
- Chair - Rob Beasant
- Vice Chair - Margaret Elekes
- Secretary - Dick Bergman
School Council Resources
Bylaws - Approved January 2020
Bishop Carroll School Council meetings will be held in Room 201 at 6:30 p.m. on:
To email any of the executive please email the Bishop Carroll School Council.
Parent & Trustee Forums
The following are upcoming Parent & Trustee Forums.Combined Parent & Trustee Forum
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Combined Parent & Trustee Forum
- Date: Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Location: Bishop O'Byrne High School Theater
- Speaker: Michael Chaisson
- Topic: Parenting in a Distracted World.
- RSVP to email@example.com by Jan 17, 2020
- Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- Location: Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre (2120 16 Ave NE, Calgary, AB)
Everyone is welcome!