A warm welcome from the Counselling team at Bishop Carroll High School! Our department works together to ensure student success through providing a Comprehensive Guidance and Counselling Program. The Student Services Department at Bishop Carroll High School provides educational, personal and career counselling. Counsellors offer direct and indirect services to students and their families, and also work closely with school district personnel, district programming and community agencies to provide additional assistance as required.
Each Bishop Carroll student is assigned a counselor based on his/her Teacher Advisor; students are encouraged to access the support of Student Services throughout their high school experience. We are here to assist students in making high school a positive experience.
- Scholarship and other seminars
- School Counselling website (can be found under students on the BCHS website)
- Post-Secondary and scholarship information and assistance
- D2L Counselling Course
- Information for our students and parents using social media
- Individual and group counselling
- Coordinate and provide services in minor and major crises
- Coordinate wraparound school/community agencies and services providers for education, mental health, justice, newcomers and health care
- Career Practitioner
- Post-secondary fairs and information sessions