BISHOP GRANDIN HIGH SCHOOL SWIM CLUB
As we gear up for a great swim season, here’s a few reminders:
- All swimmers must attend at least 5 practices in order to be eligible to compete in the city championships. Attendance will be taken at all practices.
- We will be setting up on D2L a sign-up for practices in the event that the lanes become overcrowded. Stay tuned for details.
- You will be given a swim cap with the Bishop Grandin logo. It is yours to keep. Please do not lose it. You need to wear it for the swim meet.
- Please bring goggles and tie back any long hair if you don’t want to wear a cap. Bring your own lock or a quarter to secure valuables.
- Be sure you are familiar with the 3 categories of competitors. RED swimmers are currently swimming with an outside swim club. GREEN swimmers are current or past competitive members of water polo, triathlon or synchronized swim clubs, swimmers who swam for summer clubs, and swimmers of year-long recreational clubs. BLUE swimmers are those who have never swam competitively.
- In the city championship meet, swimmers are allowed a maximum of 3 events, including relays. Start thinking now about what events you want to enter.
- All swimmers must wear a FINA approved swim suit. That means only one-piece suits for females and no bermuda-type suits for males.
- This is a real rule for all competitors-no body paint of any kind!
- Fees may be paid on line or by cheque. The exact cost will be made available soon.
Here are the addresses of the pools:
Calgary Jewish Center,1607 90th Avenue S.W.
Repsol Center, 2225 Macleod Trail S.