Blessed Cardinal Newman
2017/2018 School Year
The mission of our School Council is to enhance the educational experience at Blessed Cardinal Newman School through actively supporting staff, students, programs, facility, parents, school events and the School District.
The goals of our School Council are to:
1. Enhance the spiritual/faith formation of our school community and build deeper understanding of beliefs central to our shared Catholic faith.
2. Work together to support the educational plan of the school.
3. Promote and enhance parent involvement in school activities and school council;
oversee the Blessed Cardinal Newman volunteer program.
4. Promote school spirit and school pride.
5. Support the school community in its goal to provide a safe and caring school environment.
6. Promote and assist in maintaining and improving the physical, social and emotional dimensions of health; provide opportunities for our children to be involved in healthy eating and active living.
7. Investigate initiatives and continue the implementation of a beautification program of the school’s grounds.
8. Continue to foster effective communication between school and home.
9. Initiate and organize no more than 3 fundraising activities per school year.
2017/2018 Goal Review