Google Classroom is a web-based learning environment. When logged into Google Classroom, students can collaborate with their peers and teachers. Google Classroom offers a digital safe space for students to view class announcements, access posted course content, view posted assignments, and turn in completed work. Only authorized CCSD users (students, teachers, and other designated staff members) can have access to a CCSD Google Classroom. Google users outside the CCSD network are not granted permission to any CCSD Classroom.
Parents can access their child’s teachers’ Google Classroom in one of the following ways:
- Ask the student to login and launch the Google Classroom App. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- From any device with internet access (using Google Chrome), go to the students google learn account and have the student login with their CCSD Google Apps for education username and password. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
- As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
- The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- The teacher or administrator can send the invitation to any email address.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers