Online database with links to many different resources at all grade levels in all subject areas.
Username: LA06 Password: 3403
- Story Online - Check out their vast collection of story books read by your favourite celebrities
- ABCya!- literacy, numeracy and strategy online games and activities for Pre
- Starfall- numeracy, literacy and music online games and activities for
- Libby- Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
- Penguin Kids-Daily book readings hosted by a rotating cast of some of your favourite celebrities. Tune in every afternoon at 3:00 P.M. to enjoy a new story
- Story Starters: Creative Writing Prompts for Kids-Get a head start with these pre-written writing prompts in a variety of genres.
- TimmWrites - Home-Join author Timm Holmes for a live-streamed bedtime story. Following his writing prompts these are stories written for kids by kids!
- Audible Stories: Free Audiobooks for Kids-Explore classic children’s titles in 6 different languages. Access Audible’s catalogue of hundreds of audiobooks.
- Highlights Kids
- Read, Wonder, and Learn! Favorite Authors & Illustrators Share Resources for Learning Anywhere – Spring 2020
- Teaching Remotely for Grades K - 12 | Free Resources and Strategies - Daily projects to help keep your students reading, thinking, and growing.
- BrainPop- is a great resource for parents of both big and little kids. It's chock-full of helpful resources that span topics like arts and music, English, science, and technology.
- Storytime at Home- Read, sing, and play together at home! Join our librarians as they read books from our collection and sing rhymes and songs.
- Resources -
Each grade level
has 2 "Relief Packages" with all subject covered.
- ABRACADABRA, by Concordia University
This is an early literacy (K-2) site designed to support a
balanced reading and writing approach. Students can engage with fun games and
activities that support key literacy skills.
Edmonton Public School Board – epsbtogether activities
- Zorbit Math Monthy Activity Calendar- a daily math activity calendar.
- Zorbit Math Free Access at Home -Home learning kids that include access to learning games and weekly home learning resources.
- ABCya!- literacy, numeracy and strategy online games and activities
- Starfall- numeracy, literacy and music online games and activities
- Mathies - If you’re striving to keep things “adding up” while social distancing, check out these interactive online games.
- Math Game Time - free online games and worksheets K-6
- Math Before Bed- Math Before Bed brings math into your conversations with your family.
- CBC News Learning -Use this resource to browse for CBC News in Review videos organized into topics such as Canadian History, Geography, Global Studies, Government & Politics, Science & Technology and World History. Resource guides are included.
- Google Earth- the world’s most detailed globe.
- Social Studies- Brain Pop
- The Wonderment- a global community aims for public good through student engagement
- Newsela: Access support, resources and content for K-12 curriculum and lessons. Gr 5-9
- PenPal Schools - A Global Project Based Learning Community- Give students global perspective with pen pal projects in any subject
- Pebble Go – (K-3) Social Studies – The site provides a
variety of information on topics related to Social Studies. (citizenship,
countries, cultural awareness, families) Videos, maps, and articles allow
students to explore topics along with some follow up activities.
- Canada Crew (K-2) Social Studies –
Videos are focused on Canada and align well with many curricular topics. Some
games are available as well as connections to literacy and numeracy
- National Geographic Kids (k-6) – This site
offers games, videos and informational text on a wide variety of topics and
subject areas. Selecting Explore from the menu allows students to learn about
countries around the world through photos, videos, maps and text.
- Glenbow Museum – (4-6) An interactive
site for learning about the Blackfoot people.
- CBC Kids News CBC Kids News
features content for younger readers. Kids are also featured as reporters.