Built in 1959, the original building was built and comprised what is now the Junior high wing and the gymnasium. It was built in the town of Forest Lawn, which was annexed by the city of Calgary in 1962. At that time it was a Catholic High school with the Bow Valley Separate School District.
After joining the Calgary Catholic School board, it continued to be a high school until 1966 when it was changed to a junior high. The building was expanded over two years in 1972-1973 to add the elementary wing as well as additional space for change rooms adjacent to the gym.