Students Living Outside Calgary
Rocky View School District Transportation Office is responsible for arranging transportation for CCSD students in kindergarten to Grade 12 who reside in the Airdrie, Chestermere and Cochrane areas. For information about service, families should contact their local Catholic school or the Transportation Department at 403-500-2458.
Programs of Choice
Kindergarten to Grade 6 students who attend programs of choice and live more than 2.3 km from their school are eligible to receive transportation.
2018-2019 Bus information:
A large number of students who attend Holy Spirit School arrive and leave by bus. The Calgary Catholic Board of Education, in cooperation with Rocky View School District, provides chartered bus service.
Students are required to purchase bus passes. These are to be purchased annually from Rocky View School Division. All information regarding this can be found on their website at
Rockyview Transportation or call 403-945-4104 for more information.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact Rockyview Transportation to discuss the possible waiver of fees.
If you are not sure of the bus route, please visit Bus Routes in Cochrane - to view the routes and find your bus spots.
- All riders MUST be using an electronic bus pass. Please be patient as you wait for your bus passes to be mailed to you.
- As you wait for the passes, please make sure your child has a copy of the receipt showing you paid for the pass (just in case the bus driver asks for it). On it, please write your child's name and bus route # (very important so we know which bus they are on).
- The electronic bus passes should be on the outside of the student's backpack as students are required to scan the card to get on and off the bus. This will be heavily enforced this year. If you lose your pass, you must go online and order a new one.
- Once you have the electronic bus pass, make sure your child's name and bus route number is on the card. Use a Sharpie as the sticker will wear off.
- Depending on where you live in Cochrane, you may have kids from Holy Spirit and St. Tim's on the same route- especially in the newer and developing areas. This may change as there is more riders. Routes and buses are rider dependent.
- Rockyview Transportation may make changes to the bus routes once parents register for the bus and they see how many students are riding the bus. This could cause a change in pickup and drop off time. Again, please be patient as parents register and Rockyview Transportation sees how many riders each bus has.
- Students are expected to line up in an orderly and safe manner while waiting to enter the buses. There is not sufficient time to play on the field or playground before the buses leave at the end of the school day.
New Parents: This includes parents with any student(s) attending an RVS school for the first time OR Parents with any student(s) attending a catholic school within the RVS boundary, who have never before accessed bus service.
Open and submit your Transportation Registration 2018-2019 form for each respective student.
Late Bus Information
Bus Cancellations/Lates – Rockyview Transportation
Specific bus routes or portions of routes may be cancelled when the driver feels it is unsafe to operate due to weather or road conditions. Bus cancellations will be for the full day.
Bus routes that are delayed in the morning due to mechanical problems, weather, or road conditions, will operate on the afternoon trip home. This information also is available at Rockyview Transportation
Ride Along Information
There is no ride along service in September. Starting in October, requests for ride along must be done via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Ride Program - A program for first time bus riders
Rocky View Schools is pleased to welcome your child to the experience of riding on the school bus. As we want this to be a happy and rewarding time for both you and your child, we invite you to take part in the informative “First Ride Program”, a school bus safety program for first time bus riders.
This FREE program for students is provided by the Rocky View in partnership with our bus contractors, to educate parents and children on how to ride the school bus safely.
At Holy Spirit, we present the first ride program to ALL kindergarten students during the first or second week of class.
Topics covered in the presentation include:
- Bus Driver responsibility
- Student responsibility
- School bus facts
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Safety rules on and around the school bus
“First Ride” is a positive learning experience for you and your child. This program gives parents and students a basic understanding of safety, rules, and procedures on the school bus. We hope you will be able to take part in the “First Ride Program”.
Calgary Catholic School District / Parents / Transportation