Mother Mary Greene School Philosophy
Education is a process whereby students acquire and extend their knowledge, understanding and skill in order to be spiritually fulfilled, intellectually able, socially adept, morally aware, emotionally secure and physically fit. The staff of Mother Mary Greene School is dedicated to developing a safe, effective learning environment which:
- Challenges all learners to strive to reach their personal learning potential.
- Encourages each learner to explore and develop a relationship with God, by integrating Catholicity into all activities, and by promoting a sacramental life.
- Supports and nourishes the building of a caring community centered in Christ, with dignity for all.
- Encourages effective partnerships among educators, learners and parents.
- Fosters development of self-esteem, self-control and personal responsibility.
- Nurtures learner creativity, risk-taking, reflection and joy towards life long learning.
- Facilitates the development of a broad repertoire of strategies and problem solving abilities.
- Incorporates the element of joy and celebration into the learning process.
Parents are the primary educators of their children. The triune relationship among church, school and home is the key to fostering growth in our students…your children.