Students in grade 9 whose academic average is 85% or better are invited to be part of the Young Scientist Club hosted.
Below are some of the benefits to being part of this unique club:
Enrichment – Challenges are planned for our Day 4 meeting days to develop your Creative Problem Solving and Teamwork skills
Discovery – You will explore ideas and discover new ways of doing things with a scientific flair
Excellence – You will continue to achieve excellence by maintaining an academic average in Science of 85% or better
Peer Support – You will assist peers in your class groupings with reflective support and encouragement
Leadership – Provide leadership in our collaborative Science Olympics with the Elementary students
As a Young Scientist, you will be challenged with tasks that range from independent research, to building models, to creating displays, to providing leadership and organizing activities for Science activity days.
Young Scientists are expected to support a peer who may need some additional academic encouragement and direction.
The Young Scientist program is intended to help you develop your leadership and communication skills, as you review, extend and reinforce concepts already presented in class.
Benefits of the Young Scientist program for Young Scientists
- learn how to help others
- able to apply learning to problem-solving
- learn content more extensively
- brainstorm and share with like-minded peers
- challenges enhance logical thinking
- real world applications are exercised
- learn life skills that can be used later in life
- do fun stuff and experiments
- actually have more time to study
- learn tips about studying and writing tests
- further developing your communication skills
- enrich process skills
- enhances organizational skills
Find a solution - that is the essence to our club.