We have an established Catholic Community of Caring based on the values of faith, caring, respect, responsibility, trust and family. The Catholic Community of Caring focuses on building respectful and compassionate school environments, rooted in Catholic values.
Within our school, we are building more inclusive communities where respect for one another, our community and our diversity are celebrated. Using these values as building blocks, we create a positive school community by developing relationships through activities such as student leadership, social justice projects and professional development opportunities.
Through the incorporation of its essential elements into the daily life of school, a climate is created where the whole school community embraces these values. Our priority is to ensure that all of our students are provided with a safe and caring school environment where they can excel and be healthy and productive learners.
The goal of the Community of Caring program simply stated is to
create a school environment that will help all students develop positive
values. At Notre Dame, we will incorporate the five values, Trust,
Responsibility, Respect, Caring and Family while promoting our Catholic
faith. Through this process, students increase their commitment to
school, amount of productive work in community service, and recognize
the importance of planning for their future.
How do we achieve a Catholic Community of Caring?
- Positive adult modelling.
- Create safe learning environments.
- Respect the diversity of students and their families.
- Integrate the Gospel values into curriculum and the daily life of the school.
- Skill development – problem solving, moral decision making, coping
skills, communication skills, resisting peer/media pressure, personal
talents and abilities.
- Student, parent and/or community forums where relevant issues are explored.
- Parental involvement. Seeks opportunities to promote parents as primary teachers.
- Use extra-curricular activities to build a strong school culture.
- Service learning projects.
- Community involvement to strengthen sense of the community.
Please stay posted for future updates and projects as they become
organized. Together, we can create a caring atmosphere and foster the
Catholic Community of Caring within our school.