The Grade 12 Diploma Examinations Program, established in 1984, has three main purposes:
- to certify the level of individual student achievement in selected Grade 12 courses
- to ensure that province-wide standards of achievement are maintained
- to report individual and group results.
Diploma exams are required in the following Grade 12 courses:
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- English Language Arts 30–1
- English Language Arts 30–2
- Mathematics 30–1
- Mathematics 30–2
- Physics 30
- Science 30
- Social Studies 30–1
- Social Studies 30–2
Diploma exams are typically written at the conclusion of your 30 level course during the exam break. However if any student would like to rewrite a diploma exam to achieve a better result, they are able to sign up for an exam rewrite. The exams are given in January, April, June, August, and November of each year.
For more information diploma exams, please have a look at the following pages:
Calgary Transit 800 Service during January High School Exams
During the exams dates in January your 800 service buses will run as follows:
- January 11 and 12 - Exams - 800 Service Provided in the AM Only
- January 15-19 - Regular Classes - Regular 800 Service Provided AM and PM
- January 22-30 - Exams - 800 Service Provided in the AM Only
In the afternoon on the exam dates, January 11, 12 and January 22-30 the students will use regular Calgary Transit service.