In recognition of the outstanding achievement of our students, each student maintaining honours status in any of the three terms in each of their grade 10, 11 and 12 years will receive a certificate of recognition signed by the principal.
The Principal's Register of Academic Excellence is a unique Honours Society.This membership of distinction is reserved for those individuals who have achieved honours standing in each year of their studies at Notre Dame.
Notre Dame High School Honour Roll Requirements:
- Credit weighted average of 80% or higher
- No mark below 65%.
- School based mark only to be used in quarter two.
- Minimum of 13 credits per semester to be on honour roll.
- Round 79.5% or higher to 80% for honour roll.
- Quarter courses are to be counted in the quarter that they are earned.
- There will be no acknowledgement of honours in fourth quarter.
- Only courses taken at Notre Dame High School are considered for Honour Roll Requirements (not courses through St. Anne’s or any courses from other schools)
Grade 12 Awards
Notre Dame High School recognizes academic excellence with an awards ceremony in June. Subject award winners are determined using the school based marks from the end of the first semester and third quarter report cards. Student’s names are engraved upon our school plaques and winners receive a school medallion and a certificate.
There are also a number of monetary awards where winners are selected by particular ND academic departments.
- John Nania: Music Department
- John Vigna: Social Studies
- SLAC: Student Council
- Knights of Columbus: CTS
- Vivo Award:
VIVO Gen H Scholarship
A number of school scholarships are available. Students are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships. Since these awards are intended for post-secondary education, winners must be enrolled in a post-secondary education institution within two years of winning this award.
- Pride Merit Award
- Pride Spirit Award
- Pride Student of the Year
- Pride Ministry Award