2019-2020 Pride Scholars Recipients
In recognition of the outstanding achievement of our students, each student maintaining honours status in any of the three terms in each of their grade 10, 11 and 12 years will receive a certificate of recognition signed by the principal.
The Principal's Register of Academic Excellence is a unique Honours Society.This membership of distinction is reserved for those individuals who have achieved honours standing in each year of their studies at Notre Dame.
Notre Dame High School Honour Roll Requirements:
- Credit weighted average of 80% or higher
- No mark below 65%.
- School based mark only to be used in quarter two.
- Minimum of 13 credits per semester to be on honour roll.
- Round 79.5% or higher to 80% for honour roll.
- Quarter courses are to be counted in the quarter that they are earned.
- There will be no acknowledgement of honours in fourth quarter.
- Only courses taken at Notre Dame High School are considered for Honour Roll Requirements (not courses through St. Anne’s or any courses from other schools)
Grade 12 Awards
Notre Dame High School recognizes academic excellence with an
awards ceremony in June. For the school year 2019-2020, students will be
notified if they are the chosen recipient from the Awards Committee. They will
receive their award in the mail.
There are also a number of monetary awards where winners are selected by particular ND academic departments.
- John Nania: Music Department
- John Vigna: Social Studies
- Knights of Columbus: CTS
- Culinary Art Scholarship: Culinary Arts
A number of school scholarships are also available. Students are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships. Since these awards are intended for post-secondary education, winners must be enrolled in a post-secondary education institution within two years of winning this award.
Students, please find below the application forms for:
- PRIDE Student of the Year
- PRIDE Merit Award
- PRIDE Ministry Award
- PRIDE Spirit Award
- VIVO Scholarship
The deadline for submitting applications is June 1st, 2020. Each of these awards is worth $1000 with money being provided with proof of post-secondary enrollment within two years of graduation.
For each application please provide the name of one adult at ND, who can verify the provided information.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Awards". You will receive a confirmation that it has been received, if you do not receive this confirmation, please resubmit.