TRANSPORTATION for 2020-21. Deadline, May 22
Transportation Changes for 2020-21
Transportation Changes Parent Letter April 27
Fee Rebate Schedule 2020 - 2021
While we understand that the changes to transportation may be challenging for some families who are impacted, we thank you for your understanding and patience. Please contact us at the school if you have questions or need assistance.
Online Transportation Registration
Please click on the following link to register for transportation following the instructions given in the Online Transportation Registration Process below: Online Fee Payment/Form Submission (This is for current students in grades K to 6 who qualify for transportation).
For instructions: Online Transportation Registration Process 2020-2021.
We encourage all parents to use the online registration. For those who are unable to register online, download and complete the form: Charter Transportation Registration Form 2020-2021 and email it to email@example.com
Kindergarten and Elementary Students
Kindergarten to Grade 6 students are eligible for transportation when they live further than 1.8 km from their designated school. Check your address at the school or contact CCSD Transportation at 403-500-2458.
Schedule & Routes:
Parents can access student’s bus routes after August 15th for our school by clicking on the following link and selecting Our Lady of Grace: 2020 - 2021
- Bus Routes may change on an ongoing basis between August 15th and sometime in October. Before school starts, please check the website often to ensure the time and location of your child’s bus stop has not changed. Once school starts, the school will send home Route Updates if there are changes on your child’s particular route.
- Scroll down the document to the route which services areas and streets close to where you live.
- Find the bus stop location that is closest to the student’s home and use this location for bus pick up and drop off.
- Parents must orient their child to know which stop to get off at, at the end of the day.
- Please be aware that the bus driver does not know the children or their appropriate bus stop. Parents of young children are advised to provide information inside their child’s coat or backpack with the parents’ emergency numbers in case the child misses their bus stop and does not know where to get off. Children should be prepared to tell the bus driver their name in case the child forgets which stop they are supposed to get off at.
- The bus company that transports your child is indicated at the top of the Route Schedule, along with their phone number. The route number is also located at the top of the Route Schedule. Please know this information in case you need to contact the bus company.
Junior High Students
Our Lady of Grace Junior High students live
within the designated 2.4 km walk distance, therefore do not qualify for the CCSD rebate.
For those students in Calgary who live outside of the eligible walk limit areas and must instead take Calgary Transit, you can use Calgary Transit’s Google trip function to plot your bus trips. At present Calgary Transit also provides our school with an Express Bus in the morning. You can find this information at www.calgarytransit.com / scroll down and click on School Services; and then click on Our Lady of Grace.
For further information, please click on the following Calgary Catholic School District Transportation link:
Calgary Catholic School District / Parents / Transportation