It is important to know where you can turn if you or someone you know is experiencing family violence during the COVID-19 pandemic. Help is available to Albertans dealing with family violence, partner abuse, sexual violence, child abuse, elder abuse, pet abuse, or financial abuse.
We all play a role in learning where to turn to for help. Please consider sharing these supports among your personal and professional networks.
- Read and share – Family violence during COVID-19 info sheet
- In case of emergency, call 911. Police and emergency responders will continue to respond throughout the pandemic, even to those in quarantine.
- Family Violence Info Line
- anonymous support from trained staff:
- Call 310-1818 | 24/7 | 170+ languages
- Chat online alberta.ca/SafetyChat | 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily | English
- Other supports and services for those experiencing family violence