On October 13, 1913 the Calgary Separate School Board leased a one room school and named it Bridgeland School to educate the children in the Riverside – Bridgeland area. Mrs. Julia Hector was the first teacher. The student enrollment increased rapidly and on April 14, 1915 a cottage next to the school was rented and renovated for a second classroom.

In 1916 the school was moved in to the newly purchased St. Paul Lutheran Church on 231-6 St. NE. The school was renamed St. Angela in 1923. Renovations and additions were made in 1926, 1955 and 1960. In 1971 the original Lutheran Church was demolished and a new building with a gym, stage, four classrooms, washrooms, Office and Staff room replaced it.


School History

On October 13, 1913 the Calgary Separate School Board leased a one room school and named it Bridgeland School to educate the children in the Riverside – Bridgeland area. Mrs. Julia Hector was the first teacher. The student enrollment increased rapidly and on April 14, 1915 a cottage next to the school was rented and renovated for a second classroom.

In 1916 the school was moved in to the newly purchased St. Paul Lutheran Church on 231-6 St. NE. The school was renamed St. Angela in 1923. Renovations and additions were made in 1926, 1955 and 1960. In 1971 the original Lutheran Church was demolished and a new building with a gym, stage, four classrooms, washrooms, Office and Staff room replaced it.