St. Augustine is part of the Catholic Community of Caring Community initiative, which is based on the values of faith, family, caring, responsibility, respect and trust. Parents are children will experience a Catholic educational setting, which focuses on:
- Creating a school community that gives witness to the teaching of Jesus fostering Catholic community that celebrates diversity and inclusion with the permeation of Catholic values throughout all curricular areas.
- Children being valued as a precious gift of God, encouraged to reach their fullest potential
- Learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate in order to meet the diverse needs of children
- Welcoming families into the school community, with parents being the primary educators in faith
- Opportunities for expressing lived faith through school based social justice and service opportunities
Within our school, we are building more inclusive communities where respect for one another, our community and our diversity are celebrated. Using these values as building blocks, we create a positive school community by developing relationships through activities such as student leadership, social justice projects and professional development opportunities.
Through the incorporation of its essential elements into the daily life of school, a climate is created where the whole school community embraces these values. Our priority is to ensure that all of our students are provided with a safe and caring school environment where they can excel and be healthy and productive learners.
Calgary Catholic School District / About Us / Catholic Community of Caring