Calgary Catholic School District’s (CCSD) Board of Trustees has approved the 2020-21 district budget. With the Board’s budget approval and the government’s distribution of the new Bill 1 School Transportation Regulation on June 5, 2017, the following guidelines will apply to transportation provided by CCSD for the 2020-21 school year:
Transportation Fees - FAQ's
Transportation Changes-Letter to Parents-April 27, 2020
Fee Rebate Schedule 2020-21
Bill 1 Parent Information - June 2017
Yellow Bus Transportation (Kindergarten to Grade 6 schools where service is offered):
complete and submit a separate Transportation Registration Form each year for
each child who requires transportation.
students (Kindergarten to Grade 6) requesting transportation in 2020-21 who
live over 1.8 km from their school and who live within the district boundaries of
St. Augustine School.
Transportation Fees 2020-21:
Parents are advised to apply for transportation in the spring prior to
the start of a new school year, if considering it for their child(ren). If
parents wish to cancel their child’s transportation registration, they may do
so at no penalty by notifying the school by September 30th, 2020. A single student will
cost $415 which is comparable, and in some cases, less than other school
jurisdictions. Fees are posted
on the District website at:
encourage parent to complete online registration. This is the preferred method
to register. Steps to complete the
online transportation registration will be provided. Parents may also register their child(ren) on
a hard copy form if online registration presents challenges. Please contact
your school office for a registration form.
DEADLINE: May 22, 2020 to ensure
transportation arrangements are in place for your child(ren) for September
Charter Transportation Registration Form 2020-21
Parent Memo - Online Transportation Registration Process 2020-21
Programs of Choice* Schools - Yellow Bus Transportation
*French Immersion, Spanish Immersion and Fine Arts programs at the elementary level
- K-6 students who attend program of choice schools and register for transportation will be charged an annual fee of $417 per student.
Diverse Learning Students (Kindergarten to Grade 12):
- All diverse learning students who require and register for specialized transportation will either be (a) provided district transportation or (b) offered a Payment In Lieu agreement [which occurs in very few cases where adequate transportation services cannot be arranged due to students’ needs and/or travel time].
- No fee will be charged for transportation services for diverse learning students designated to a CCSD program.
Transit Pass Rebate (Grades 7-12):
- All junior and senior high school students who attend their designated school and who live more than 2.4 km from their designated school are eligible to apply for a monthly Transit Pass Rebate on their purchased Transit Pass. The CCSD will provide a rebate of $30.40 per month per pass to eligible students who follow the district’s rebate procedure. This amount is equivalent to the amount the Government of Alberta subsidizes transportation for students who live more than 2.4 km from their designated school.
- The cost of a monthly Calgary Transit Youth Pass is $74.90.
- Student enrolled in program of choice in a school that is not their designate are NOT eligible for a Transit Pass rebate under Bill 1. A program of choice is defined as the following
IB program; Fine Arts; AP program; Bishop Carroll self-directed program; High School French Immersion Certificate program; Hockey Canada Skills Academy; CTF programs; Home Schooling; students residing outside of Calgary but attending a Calgary school; etc. [Note: This list is not exhaustive and may include other programs, which are not specifically listed at this time Kindergarten to Grade 6 students who attend programs of choice and live more than 1.8 km from their school are eligible to receive transportation.
2020-21 Calgary Transit Rebate Form