Guidance and counselling is an important and integral component of the educational process that assists students in reaching their full potential in a positive and challenging learning environment that enhances their journey in faith.
The role of the school counsellor is as follows:
• To be available to all students
• To promote spiritual, personal, social, and academic development
• To assist students in coping with life’s demands and developing positive self-esteem, individual responsibility and accountability, and other skills necessary for positive citizenship
• To provide accessible and confidential counselling support to students and their families
• To promote communication and mutual support between school, home, district supports and outside agencies
• To provide support and guidance to students as they explore career and educational paths
• To facilitate referrals to community resources
Distress Center - 403-266-4357
Canadian Mental Health - 403-297-1700
Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
Teen Mental Health
Connect Teen - 403-264-TEEN (8336)
The counselor at St. Brigid is Ms. Terri Smith. She is available on Days 2, 4 and 6. If you would like to speak with her or set up an appointment, please call the school at 403-500-2113 or email her at the following link.