Saint Francis Registration Information
Registration at Saint Francis High School (SFHS) is ongoing throughout the school year and well underway for the 2019-2020 school year. We welcome all new and returning students. The following are the steps necessary to register a new student at Saint Francis High School:
- student must live within the geographic borders of SFHS (will need proof of residence within our area);
- student must provide their birth certificate;
- student must provide a copy of their most recent report card or progress report;
- an appointment with the registrar is required – this can be set up by calling the school directly (403-500-2026) or by emailing the school – both student and a parent/guardian must attend the interview.
Please be aware that Saint Francis High School cannot accept part-time high school students.
We are doing our best to provide parents and students with information regarding course selection and registration. Please look through our website for information, there are many links to help make your registration and course selection process easier.
Grade 10 Course Catalogue 2019-2020 provides details on all courses offered. Our “Student“ page on the website also contains more information to all of our programs:
Grade 10 Registration Form 2019-2020
General Course Catalogue 2019-2020
Grade 11 and 12 Course Selection Planner 2019-2020
School and District Use of the Personal Information of Students
FOIP - General Information for Parents
FAQ About Student Records
Designated Boundaries for Schools
The Calgary Catholic School District (CCSD) has designated boundaries for all schools. CCSD uses boundaries strategically to ensure optimal student populations to support viable programming across the district. It is the expectation that students will attend their designated school. Please be aware that school attendance boundaries can and do change to accommodate factors including changing demographic information, the opening or closing of a school, to relieve overcrowding in schools, etc.
New Students to Canada
Students who are born outside of Canada must register through the St. John Reception Centre. It is located at 15 - 12 Street NW, the phone number is 403-500-2007. Students whose first language is not English may be required to complete an English language proficiency assessment. District interpreter services for this appointment are available upon request at no cost to the family. To book an appointment please call 403-500-2007.
Saint Francis High School - An Overview
Saint Francis High School is a vibrant and dynamic composite high school, projected to serve more than 1600 students for the upcoming school year. We provide a focused and disciplined learning environment with high expectations of students and staff members. We are staffed with dedicated faculty and support staff members who have developed one of the most comprehensive high school programs in Calgary. Programs offered include:
- Advanced Placement
- Extended French Program
- International Languages (French, Italian, Spanish)
- International Spanish Academy
- Career and Technology Studies
- Fine and Performing Arts including Dance
- Special Education Programs for Diverse Learners
- Knowledge and Employability Program
- Academic Support
- Student Services and Counselling
If you have questions about your courses for next year, please make an appointment to see a counselor in our Student Services department.