School councils provide an opportunity for parents, school administration, teachers, community members and students to work together towards achieving a more vibrant and effective school community. All parents with children attending school are members of their local school council and are encouraged to participate in council activities. Councils usually meet on a monthly basis. In addition, school council chairs meet with one another, district administrators and members of the Board of Trustees at district-wide meetings.
School councils, working with their principals, create a community spirit that makes a school more than just a school. They create a learning environment where students feel the commitment of their principal, teachers and parents working toward a common goal: creating teaching and learning environments where students reach their potential and achieve at the highest levels in all areas of learning.
School Council Resources
School Council Meeting Dates 2016-2017
- Thursday, November 3 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, December 1 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, January 12 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, February 2 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, March 2 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, April 6 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, May 4 @ 6:30PM
- Thursday, June 8 @ 6:30PM
* Please note all meetings will take place in the school library.