The Calgary Catholic School District offers kindergarten programming within a faith-based learning environment.
Young children are proven to benefit from programs that provide opportunities for organized activities and purposeful play through which they can explore the world around them. The kindergarten program focuses on seven areas of learning, including early literacy; early numeracy; citizenship and identity; environment and community awareness; personal and social responsibility; physical skills and well-being; and creative expression.
All Calgary Catholic elementary schools offer half-day kindergarten programs and depending on total kindergarten enrolment, we may offer a choice of morning or afternoon classes on a first-come, first-served basis.
Welcome to Kindergarten
at St. Isabella School!
We are very excited to welcome our newest members to St. Isabella School as we busily prepare for the arrival of our kindergarten students. We would like to make our kindergarten parents aware of the following:
- The school will be contacting parents to set up the ‘Meet and Greet’ with their child’s teacher. The ‘Meet and Greets’ will take place between September 2 to
September 9, 2020 for a 20 minute block. The teacher will have 10 minutes between appointments to sanitize their classroom after each visit;
- At the time of the ‘Meet and Greet’ the teacher will indicate if your child is in Group A or B and the date your child will attend school. The children are given staggered entry date to become more familiar with the school and classroom. The staggered entry allows for a smaller group size of students for the teacher to teach protocols and procedures.
- The dates for staggered entry are September 10th or September 11th. If the date doesn’t work please let the teacher know when you are speaking with them and they can accommodate any changes;
- All students will begin their Kindergarten Classes on September 14, 2020.
- If you have changed your mind and will not be attending St. Isabella school please contact the office.
Please click the link below for the Kindergarten Parent Handbook.
KINDERGARTEN CLASS TIMES
9:00 am to 11:40 am - AM Kindergarten class
12:43 pm to 3:28 pm - PM Kindergarten class
A few things you may practice with your child before their first day of school: Memorize name, address and phone number, Print first name, Work with scissors and pencil grip.
Your child will need indoor shoes (velcro closure only please), items listed in the School Supply List, a mask, gel based hand sanitizer and a backpack big enough to fit a library book.