Progress reports will still be issued at the end of the year. However, given our current learning at home situation, this will involve a secure emailing of a code to access your child’s progress report through School Messenger. If you have recently made a change to your email address, please let the school know so we can ensure this email is received. Progress reports will include subject area marks for the following courses:
- For kindergarten, the format and grading systems will remain the same, with areas of focus on literacy, numeracy and religion. The use of the asterisk will denote areas not assessed.
- For elementary, standard grading systems will continue to be used on the progress report, with new term 3 assessments for only LA, Math and Religion. All other courses will have term 2 marks continued.
- In junior high, percentages will be used for assessments and new term 3 assessments will be used for grades in core subject areas (including Religion). Most other courses will have term 2 marks continued.
- Senior high students continued to be assessed in their current subjects, with the discretionary school use of unallocated credits for courses where demonstration of learning was difficult from home (e.g. CTS).
- Progress reports for students in special education programs where anecdotal progress reports are used will remain the same.
Work habits were not assessed in term 3 for any grade level. A comment will appear on the progress report to indicate the learning at home environment due to the COVID pandemic. Comments about student learning will only be issued for assessed subject areas.
We continue to appreciate your support during this time and welcome any questions regarding the progress report process.