The Student Advisory Group at St. Joan of Arc School is made up of 20 students from JH; two from each homeroom. The students come together twice a month to share ideas on school issues and collecting information from fellow students and communicating those recommendations directly with school administration.
The Student Advisory Group has gathered ideas from students on how our school can be better for all students. The following is a list of things that students brought forward:
- School supplies vending machine
- Scooter/ skateboard rack
- JH Bookrack/ Floor mat for boots
- New Water Fountain Upstairs
- Peer Tutoring at lunch/
- after school Intramurals (need variety of sports)
- JH Activity Day
- JH Talent Show
- Variety of options in canteen
- Variety of CTF courses
- Managing Finances course
- Movie Night
- Students doing morning announcements
- Art competitions
- Christmas Movies – JH Dec. 21
The following are ones that have been started or are in progress:
1) Morning Announcements: the JH student advisory group has been reading morning announcements since the beginning of December.
2) Weekly Music Trivia: the JH student advisory also implemented weekly music trivia. A song is played the last day of the week at 3:00pm, students enter their guess and names are drawn on Monday.
3) School Supply Vending Machine: this will have a positive impact in our school for all students who need vital school supplies for their everyday school activities. The vending machine is expected to arrive this month.
4) JH Boot Rack: to allow students to leave their winter boots on a boot rack instead of having to place the wet footwear in lockers. The boot rack is expected to arrive this month.
5) Updated Upstairs Water Fountain: a request to upgrade the water fountain system upstairs has been put in. It will be similar to the one outside the gym and easy for JH students to fill up water bottles.
We hope that St. Joan of Arc students benefit from these changes and we hope to continue making St. Joan of Arc an even better place to be.