A parent of a
student has the responsibility:
- to take an active role in the student’s educational success, including assisting the student in complying with section 12,
- to ensure the parent’s conduct contributes to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment,
- to co-operate and collaborate with school staff to support the delivery of specialized supports and services to the student,
- to encourage, foster and advance collaborative, positive and respectful relationships with teachers, principals, other school staff and professionals providing supports and services in the school, and
- to engage in the student’s school community.
School Act – Section 16.2