Please refrain from dropping off students in the staff parking lot. Cars backing out can be extremely dangerous for children and the resulting congestion of extra vehicles in the parking area is difficult for staff. Our drop-off area is well marked and located to the east of the building. If you need to park for a longer period of time, please park in the parking spots provided in the east side drop-area or on the north side of the street across from the front of the school.
Please be aware that the Hawkmount Heights
area has had their no stopping times extended by half an hour at the beginning
and end of the school day (8:00-9:30 am and 2:30 – 4:00 pm). This means that
parents should not be dropping off in this area before school or picking
children up after school in Hawkmount Heights. We appreciate your cooperation
and awareness that bylaw enforcement will be monitoring the situation.
The safety of your children is our primary concern. For this reason, we have adopted a “safety over convenience” stance at the school. Please obey the school patrol as they safely cross students at marked crossings. Thank you for your attention to these matters.
Calgary Parking Authority
For the safety of our children, please be courteous and consider the following when dropping off or picking up children from school:
- Avoid double parking.
- Watch for signs indicating ‘No Stopping’ and ‘No Parking’ zones.
- Leave 5 meters between your car and any crosswalk markings. This will ensure children are visible when they enter the crosswalk.
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street.
- Parking too close to stop signs, yield signs or intersections makes it difficult to see children in the area and obstructs the view of other motorists. A distance of 5 meters is required.
- Blocking entrances to garages or driveways angers neighbours. Stay back at least 1.5 meters.
All parking infractions in school zones are subject to a minimum $50 fine.
Please park responsibly and help make streets safe for our children.