Students at St. Martin de Porres will continue to use Brightspace (D2L). This platform is a moderated and controlled environment that allows teachers to present learning materials and opportunities for student interaction within curricular areas. Every school student will be provided with an individual username (student number) and a password to access this system. As the D2L platform is web-based, it will be available from both school and at home. Students may access D2L through our school web page or through the following address: https://dl.cssd.ab.ca/ .
Parents are invited to log in using their child’s username and password in order to view grades, news items and a calendar with course specific information. For further assistance regarding login procedures, please contact the school.
Brightspace (D2L) Mark Entry Conventions:
1. The default dash (-) with no accompanying comment indicates that the assignment has not yet been assessed/collected. It requires no attention at this time. Items with the default dash (-) are not calculated as part of the cumulative average.
2. A mark of zero, with an accompanying comment, indicates that the item was not submitted/completed on the due date* and needs to be submitted/completed in a timely manner in order to remove the zero. Students are responsible for meeting with the teacher to arrange a time to submit/complete the item and receive support if required.
Suggested comment: This item has not been submitted/completed to-date. Mark will remain a zero until submitted/completed. Please see me for assistance/support.
3. Unresolved zeros from #2 will result in a meeting between student and teacher.
4. If zeros persist, contact home will be made. In this case, it is an “informed zero” where home and school work together to develop a plan for completion.
5. Once submitted/completed the teacher will indicate in the comments section that the late item has been received. The item will then be assessed.
a. In most cases, the teacher will remove the zero and assign a mark.
b. If a numerical grade does not accurately reflect student achievement, the teacher may choose to provide an alternative form of assessment and/or feedback on how curriculum outcomes were met. The zero will then be removed and replaced with a dash (-) accompanied by a comment indicating the type of assessment and feedback that was provided.
*Items not completed/submitted on time due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. death in the family, illness, family emergency, etc.) will remain as a dash (-) while alternative due dates are being arranged.
Please note your password is case sensitive.
If you cannot login or you have forgotten your login information, please contact the school.