Celebration activities for Grade 12 students are divided into two categories:
Farewell Celebrations and Activities
FAREWELL CELEBRATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
All Grade 12 students are provided the opportunity to attend the Farewell Celebrations and Activities, which include a Retreat, a Mass and the Grad Banquet and Dance.
The academic exercise recognizes those students who have fulfilled all the academic, attendance, and behavioural expectations determined by Alberta Education, the Calgary Catholic School District, and St. Martin de Porres High School.
The following criteria must be met in order to qualify for the Commencement Ceremony:
- A potential graduate will successfully complete credits in Religious Studies 15, 25 and 35.
- A potential graduate will obtain 30 hours of Ministry Hours to be a part of St. Martin de Porres graduation ceremonies prior to the posting of the final graduation list. The student is responsible for completing these hours thoughout their three years of high school through self-arranged opportunities in and/or out of school. Ministry hour forms are completed and monitored by the Teacher Advisor.
- A potential graduate will fulfill all the requirements set out by Alberta Education as shown in the above table. Distance Learning courses must be 85% completed by the first week in May.
- A potential graduate is expected to attend all scheduled classes, including T.A. on a regular basis. Chronic lates and absences may result in the student forfeiting the privilege of participating in the Commencement Ceremony. Students accumulating 12 or more unexcused absences will be required to meet with Administration, Teacher Advisor, Counsellor and Parents to develop a plan of action that will ensure academic success. Names of students who are experiencing chronic attendance difficulties will not appear on the list of participants until a sustained commitment to his/her studies is demonstrated.
- A potential graduate will adhere to the Kodiak Code of Conduct.
- A potential graduate must be passing all courses needed to graduate on the Final Graduation List date.